Are you aged 18-21, living in Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest and have strong opinions on how to improve the lives of young people in your area? Then we want to hear from you!
The Each One Teach One Trust (EOTO) are looking for young people to join our Youth Advisory Board (YAB)
We are currently expanding our Youth Advisory Board here at EOTO and are looking for young people aged 18-21 from in and around East London, who are passionate about making changes in their local communities and who have strong opinions and ideas on how to bring about these changes. You can see some of the work the current group have been doing here: http://eototrust.org/blog/
We are particularly looking for young people who have had first-hand experience of the challenges faced by many young people these days including being in care, attending alternative education, involvement with the prison system and long term unemployment. Our focus is on providing opportunities for young people who may not have access elsewhere and to give them a platform to express themselves.
Each One Teach One (EOTO) is a charity set up by the musician Plan B (Ben Drew) in the summer of 2012 in order to create and support inspiring people and projects that help to turn around the lives of the most disengaged young people. We are run by a team made up of youth work, education, social care and creative industry professionals and based in Hackney Downs.
A Youth Advisory Board (YAB) is a group of young people who come together on a regular basis to make sure that the work we do fits in with what young people want and need.
This could involve:
- Meeting up as a group to talk about issues that face young people
- Developing projects that provide opportunities for young people to develop their skills
- Visiting organisations we support and letting us know what you think of them
- Representing EOTO at public and private events
- Advising on and creating marketing campaigns
- Helping us to organise fundraising events and concerts
A big part of the YAB is our EOTO Media strand which gives young people training in photography, film and journalism from industry experts (including SB.TV, JJ Stereo, Sky News & The Marketing Store) and allows you to write blogs, take photos and create short films about things that matter to you, these are uploaded on our website and shared via our social media. Check out come examples here: http://www.youtube.com/user/eototrust
What you will get in return:
- The chance to be part of the development of an exciting organisation
- To see the direct impacts of your opinions and decisions & improve the media portrayal of young people
- To develop confidence and contacts to increase your potential for the future
- Valuable event management, project management, media skills and other experience
The deadline for the applications is Wednesday 12th March and we will be holding interviews during the following week.
You can download the application form below or alternatively please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the application form and more information.